Help needed, GStreamer issue on PPC64

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 01:12:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 17:00 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> BN> The problem is that a plugin is causing problems on PPC64, causing
> BN> the above command to fail. Not having access to a PPC64, I can't
> BN> find which plugin is causing problems.
>
> Not that I know anything about gstreamer, but:
>
> configure: error:
>                                 Cannot find required GStreamer-0.10
>                                 plugin 'playbin'.
>                                 It should be part of
>                                 gst-plugins-base. Please install it.

The gstreamer plugins are quite sensitive to build-time environment.  If
you don't BuildRequire the right devel packages when building the
plugins, some plugins just don't get built.  That really, really sucks
for packagers, and hopefully gets caught by the RPM %files section.
Beware of this, if it turns out to be relevant to the problem :)

Dan