Help needed, GStreamer issue on PPC64

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 12:10:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 17:00 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> BN> The problem is that a plugin is causing problems on PPC64, causing
> BN> the above command to fail. Not having access to a PPC64, I can't
> BN> find which plugin is causing problems.
>
> Not that I know anything about gstreamer, but:
>
> configure: error:
>                                 Cannot find required GStreamer-0.10
>                                 plugin 'playbin'.
>                                 It should be part of
>                                 gst-plugins-base. Please install it.

That's because gst-inspect failed to create the registry, and thus
doesn't find the plugin. I'll repeat what I'm looking for:
- There's a bug in a plugin on PPC64
- It causes gst-inspect to fail
- gst-inspect failing means that we don't have an up-to-date registry

It's not a missing dependency, as it builds on every single arch, but
not on PPC64.