Fedora Core 5 Retirement

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jul 3 06:08:56 UTC 2007

On 03.07.2007 07:40, John Poelstra wrote:

> I would very strongly vote in favor of: "WONTFIX; please reopen this
> bug against F7 if it still exists there."
>
>> From one of the QA meetings a month or so back I took the action
>> item to create a proposal for how to deal with bugzillas like this.
>> I'll try to have something proposed on the wiki by the start of
>> next week.

John and FESCo/QA, when this has been decided can we please write that
down properly somewhere in the wiki and make that a policy until there
is a strong reasons to rediscuss the topic?

My memory might fool me, but I think this discussion came up multiple
times already in the past each time we retired a release. I tend to say
that's wasted energy (¹) as long as there is no good reason to rediscuss.

CU
thl

(¹) -- I think that is a general problem we more and more face; a issue
get discussed and a solution is found to solve the issue now; with a bit
of luck it gets documented properly in the wiki, but often it gets
buried in meeting logs and forgotten. Some months later the same thing
pops up again and gets discussed endlessly again....