rpm installation tests / script tests

Alain PORTAL aportal at univ-montp2.fr
Tue Jul 10 08:57:42 UTC 2007

Le Tuesday 10 July 2007 10:31:11 Florian La Roche, vous avez écrit :
> We have run rpm install tests where each rpm in
> Fedora-development is resolved to its minimal
> required dependencies and then installed and also
> deinstalled completely within an otherwise empty
> chroot-environment.
>
> The Fedora tree used is from July 4th. Complete output
> from the test is at http://people.redhat.com/laroche/installtest.gz
> Most problems are not found in core packages part of a
> default Fedora install and most are only minor things
> overall, but we could still use this list of refine the
> proposed scripts as part of the packaging guidelines and
> also use this as package sanity check.
>
> Many packaging problems found by this test have been already
> corrected before the core/extras merge, so this is also more
> about regressions than a completely new test. Also some problems
> found in the below test are already corrected in todays rawhide
> release.

> ERROR: Output running post install script for package
> kbackup-0:0.5.1-2.fc6.i386
> ERROR: Output running post install script for package
> piklab-0:0.14.2-2.fc7.i386
> ERROR: Output running post install script for
> package pikloops-0:0.2.1-6.fc6.i386

This is the same error for the 3 packages
ERROR: Output running post uninstall script for package
piklab-0:0.14.2-2.fc7.i386
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.TpqGGv: line 2: /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache: No such file
or directory

but
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets?action=show&redirect=ScriptletSnippets#head-7103f6c38d1b5735e8477bdd569ad73ea2c49bda
said "Note that no dependencies should be added for this."

So, what we have to do?

Regards,
Alain
--