multiple .po files in one package -- how to do it in SPEC file? bug 230316

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 13:45:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am in the process of my package for jbrout (quite interesting
photo collection manager) being reviewed and both me and apparently
reviewer got totally lost in handling .po files. The package has
multiple .po files and I haven't figured out easy way how to compile
them all into one .po file which should be compiled into .mo file and
then installed, but all that for multiple languages, and ... so I see
three ways out of this mess:

1) to play with with find/bash/msgcat/msgattr/etc. with result being
probably steaming heap of bash scripts horrible to maintain and
incomprehensible to anybody
2) to do the same with Python -- probably much more elegant solution,
but more work
3) somebody has already done 2) (or with other scripting language)

Could somebody more knowledgeable with packaging RPMs help me to find
out way to the light?

Thanks a lot,

Matěj Cepl

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

In political activity men sail a boundless and bottomless sea;
there is neither harbor for shelter nor floor for anchorage,
neither starting point nor appointed destination.
-- Michael Oakeshott: Rationalism in Politics