updating two interdependent packages in new build system

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 12:52:03 UTC 2007

On 14/07/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> Nah, more like once every 3 days or so.  It's a very quick action too,
> and any of the people currently in fedora rel-eng have the koji privs
> to do it.

As an aside, in cases like this, where there's a circular
BuildRequires dependency between two (or more) packages A and B, what
you'd ideally like in many situation is that the built packages for A
have a Requires: B >= %{version}-%{release} , where the version and
release are the ones actually built against. Is there any way to do
set version and release for this requires at package build time? The
only way I can see of doing it is by querying rpm during building.
That always seems to make people jump up and down though.:) Is there
another, less fragile way?