resolution for python-imaging in EPEL

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jul 17 05:05:00 UTC 2007

On 16.07.2007 15:39, Joel Andres Granados wrote:

> reference : BZ#246444
>
> I have 1 of 2 choices:
> [...]
> Comments greatly appreciated.

The better place for this questions is epel-devel-list (CCed and reply
to set), where this has been discussed already in the past days and
likely will get discussed further. It's also a topic for tomorrows EPEL
SIG meeting (20070718, #fedora-meeting, 17:00 UTC). Join us ;-)

BTW, I'd currently prefer to take the python-imaging from RHEL, lower
the EVR (by using a "0." at the start of Release), and ship it in EPEL,
so users of EL5Server have it available as well, and users of EL5Client
or CentOS will get their normal package. Not ideal, but KISS and should
work if nobody does stupid things.

CU
knurd

P.S.: /me wonders if mailman will eat the follow-up to
epel-devel-list at redhat.com

P.P.S.:/me bets it will