Building firefox-2.0.0.5 for rawhide

Kai Engert kengert at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 08:36:10 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> This was previously just built on Fedora 7, but it needs to be built on
> devel/ as well for rawhide.  It's building now, might hit before the
> rawhide composes starts.  Not sure.  Just a heads up that once it does
> land, you all that build against firefox will need to rebuild your
> packages against it, preferably before the Test1 freeze.

I tried to rebuild yelp and devhelp.
They both fail with an error that surprises me and I don't understand.

When attempting to build yelp, it fails complaining "Error: Missing
Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.1.4 is needed by package yelp" (1.8.1.4 is
the old one).

The new yelp.spec is set to require gecko-libs 1.8.1.5.

The build log indicates that it's pulling in (new) gecko-libs 1.8.1.5,
and there is no error, so I conclude that works.

Why this attempt to pull in the old yelp and the old gecko-libs?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kai