Procedure for verbatim takeover from FN to FN+1?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jul 22 15:39:59 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 04:19:17PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >We have this somewhere in the wiki, but it is not easy to be found, so
> >admitting my failure in searching, who is as kind as to point me to
> >it? Thanks!
> >

> I would love yo help you, but I do not understand what you mean with
> "Procedure for verbatim takeover from FN to FN+1", can you be a bit more
> verbose?

Inherit a package from FC6 into F7 (and later) w/o having to rebuild
it, e.g. no waste of dist/mirror space for large data-only packages. I
know it has been done before for a couple of packages (texmf trees for
example?). Anything that is a firmware or pure data
(e.g. dist-agnostic) is a candidate for this, but currently being a
manual procedure it is only worth while for bulkier bits.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net