Upcoming FESCo Election

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jun 1 05:11:46 UTC 2007

On 31.05.2007 18:03, Brian Pepple wrote:

> It's that time of year again.  Everyone that wants to be in the next
> FESCo needs to nominate him/herself for it by June 12, 2007 0:00 UTC;
> that self-nomination should contain some information's like "Mission
> Statement, Past work summary and Future plans".

I think it's to early to have that election; the Board (together with
FESCo) still didn't clarify what FESCo will be responsible for and where
other groups (release engineering for example) are in the hierarchy of
the whole game. That should be solved *before* a proper election is held
IMHO, as that is highly relevant.

To give a short example from a voters point of view: If FESCo is
responsible for the distribution itself (features, schedule) and its
packages I might vote for foo and bar, but not baz. But if FESCo just
handles packaging in practice I might go for bar and baz, but not for foo.

What FESCo will do in the future is also highly relevant for those
people that might want to consider self-nominating for FESCo.

Just my 2 cent.

CU
thl