Pushing updates for Fedora 7

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Jun 1 11:23:53 UTC 2007

Luke Macken wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:07:36AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>  Bastien Nocera wrote:
>>> It would be easier if the update was a bit clever about new packages,
>>> and made them bypass updates-testing automatically.
>>  +1
>
> Just because it's a new package means it doesn't need to be tested? :)

Can it cause regressions for existing users? -> No

Will it get installed automatically by the relative few people who have updates
-testing enabled, and thus see any kind of testing (atleast if its
installable)? -> No

Is there any added value in a new package first sitting for a few days in
testing -> No

Is it rewarding to packagers if there packages become available to all
immediately -> Yes

Are the chances of end-users seeing the package and thus installing it, leading
to it actually getting tested better in updates-testing, or in updates? ->
Beter in updates, so if you want testing the package should go to updates, let
me reiterate that this package cannot cause any regressions as if people don't
install it explicitly, it will be as if it isn't there.

Remember release early, release often

Regards,

Hans