Pushing updates for Fedora 7

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 1 11:51:05 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hans de Goede wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any added value in a new package first sitting for a few
>>> days in testing -> No
>>
>> It gives a chance for people to test and provide feedback.
>>
>>> Remember release early, release often
>>
>> With the number of regressions have, it's more like break early, break
>> often.
>>

> As I already said, new packages don't cause regressions, unless the new
> package does something really stupid

Ok. Not regressions. New problems. When we push out packages we need
room to allow some amount of testing. If you are a pushing out a new
package the update system can push it out to updates-testing and
automatically move it to updates a week or so later if no bugs are
reported.

No additional burden for you.

Rahul