Pushing updates for Fedora 7

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jun 1 13:10:14 UTC 2007

On 01.06.2007 14:43, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 14:24 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> 1) Can it cause regressions for existing users? -> No
> It can cause new problems.

+1

>> 2) Will it get installed automatically by the relative few people who have
>> updates -testing enabled, and thus see any kind of testing (atleast if its
>> installable)? -> No
> You're making an assumption that there are few people that enable
> updates-testing.

/me has it enabled on nearly all of his machines and that way prevented
at least once or twice in the past that bad updates hit updates-proper

>> 3) Is there any added value in a new package first sitting for a few days in
>> testing -> No (because of 2)
> Yes.  The QA team can at least install from there and see if it starts.

+1 -- and from what I've heard it looks to me that the new QA stuff
might make it quite easy to just push some kind of button to say "there
is a problem, please don't push"

> [...]

Cu
thl