Pushing updates for Fedora 7

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jun 1 15:16:38 UTC 2007

On 01.06.2007 16:01, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> [...]
> Anybody being intimate with a SW probably is able to provide a case to
> expose a bug - So, what kind of additional quality would "testing"
> provide? I don't see any.

* different users use software differently and thus hit different bugs

* some bugs might be arch specific -- I assume only a few of our
packagers have access to all the archs we support to test their packages
(especially when soon more arch come into the mix, which looks likely)

* some (¹) packagers test (²) a update only on one distribution and
build the software for different distributions -- there is a chance that
a bug happens only on one, but not on the others

CU
knurd

(¹) -- I know from some, but assume it are more than just a few

(²) -- I know of some occurrences where packagers only testbuild a
software and just shipped it as a update if the build went fine