Pushing updates for Fedora 7

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 19:33:46 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede (j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl) said:
> Can it cause regressions for existing users? -> No
>
> Will it get installed automatically by the relative few people who have
> updates -testing enabled, and thus see any kind of testing (atleast if its
> installable)? -> No

Well, if the packager really futzes up the packaging, it *can*. (Conflicts,
provides/requires that it shouldn't have, etc.) Ideally, all this
stuff is caught in review.

That being said, step one is being able to reliably and automatically tell
what's a *new* package, versus an update, or even a rename/obsolete (e.g.,
pidgin). We can't really change the bodhi workflow until that's done.

Bill