Pushing updates for Fedora 7

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Sat Jun 2 00:07:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 07:40:26AM -0400, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>  Luke, thanks for all your work on Bodhi!
>
>  Does anyone have an answer to the question at the bottom of the Bodhi wiki
>  page:
>  - Are we going to have any rule for how long things should be in
>  updates-testing? How much QA? How many good/bad?
>
>  Was this already discussed somewhere? :)

Not that I know of.

Once we agree on a policy, I can implement it.  I've heard some people
suggest letting updates sit in testing for 7 days, and if there are no
complaints, then they can be pushed to the stable repo.  This sounds
fine to me, what does everyone else think?

We'll have a better feedback interface in place in the near future,
where testers can +1/-1 updates.  From here, we can say that n positive
approvals will mark an update as stable.  What should n be?

>  Also, it looks like I can revoke/edit push requests.  Is that intended
>  behavior?  Jesse, I clicked on the revoke link for your pungi package and it
>  seemed to successfully revoke the push request.  I clicked the link to push
>  it again, so it should be back to normal (awaiting push), but please verify!

Bodhi is very trusting at the moment.  I hacked in some basic access
control last night, and plan on improving it soon.  Until we can acquire
the maintainers of a package, bodhi will only allow modifications from
the initial submitter.

luke