"Fedora Update System" makes comments into bugzilla and closes bugs

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Mon Jun 4 10:40:12 UTC 2007

> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:45:16AM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> which is just great!
>>
>> I didn't realize that the updates system had such a functionality, I
>> thought the bugzillas and cves should just be referenced for humans!
>>
>> The updates system is getting so much bashing these days, am I the
>> only one that really likes it? :=)
Your not the only one.

Personally I have the odd issue with it, but I'm trusting that the 1.1
milestone (see the hosted.fp.o trac) will fill the gaps.

>> (just a minor nitpicking if Luke's watching: the version's field in
>> CLOSED/*RELEASE should include the release, not only the version
>> field)
That'd be useful

> And maybe automatically set the bug in "NEEDINFO from Reporter" state
> when pushing to testing? :)
Yes, that would be a good way to encourage people to test the packages (if
they choose).

On a side comment:
I like the close/etc and the needinfo idea, but maybe set it as a
per-maintainer or per-update preference?  I'm just thinking about the
maintainers that may wish to approach bugs different.  Something like
"Update specified bugs? Yes/Comment/No" (Yes - The works; Comment - Make
comments to the bug but do not change statuses; No - Leave it alone)

N.J.