Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 16:03:58 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 12:02:08 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I don't think you understand the point being made. If someone installs
> the RC version and wants to continue to yum update and get the general
> version the current process does not make it easy and many people don't
> understand the development repository changes and continue to run yum
> update and get the next version changes instead.
>
> Thorsten's suggestion would help with this problem.

If someone installs the RC version and they just want to get to the Final
version when it's released, they do nothing except 'yum update' when the
final version is released.  Anything else is pre-releasing stuff and even
_more_ confusion as to what is /really/ the release and when the release date
actually is.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora