use disttag ".1" for devel to avoid confusion (was: Re: Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 4 16:10:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:27:18AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007 11:20:47 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > The idea to use ".1" as disstag for devel (discusses weeks ago) still
> > stands.
> >
> > The idea in short: x.1 is higher then x.fc7 and avoid the confusion if a
> > package doesn't get rebuild during a devel cycle; and if there later is
> > a update after releases x simply gets increased -- so there would no
> > need to got for "x.2".
> >
> > I can outline the idea further if anybody is interested.
>
> I'm really really against playing games with dist tags like this.  Just for
> the record.

And it's just replacing .fc8, .fc9 with .1, .2, not really
helpful. Not to mention that it breaks all dotted releases.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net