use disttag ".1" for devel to avoid confusion

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 4 17:20:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:11:14PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 04.06.2007 18:56, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >> No. As I wrote (and you quoted it; see above): "so there would no
> >> need to got for "x.2".
> > You either have F9 go ".2" (if F8 is ".1") or you would had killed the
> > usefulness of disttags altogether, so either way it's broken.
>
> No, you don't have to. It can stay at ".1" forever; if you update
> something for devel and/or a release distribution just increase the
> portion left of the disttag -- that's what we do in any case.

which is just the same as not having any disttags at all and led to
the pain before the disttag.

> /me more and more gets the feeling people don't understand what I'm up
> to; of I'm really missing something here.

/me thinks you should just fast forward to F9 and try to submit a
package with your model to see what's wrong.

/me also thinks you should start testing release ids of "1.1" vs "1" to
id some more flaws in this.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net