use disttag ".1" for devel to avoid confusion

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 08:32:51 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 16:56 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>> Patrice Dumas wrote:

>> > Maybe some, but not necessarily all of them. Taking myself as an
>> > example, I own some python modules that may certainly be better without
>> > disttag, but I also have C/C++ stuff that, although stable and
>> > unfrequently updated are certainly better with a disttag.
>>
>> Why is it better with a disttag, out of curiosity?
> In many cases it's: Though spec files are identical the contents of the
> binary rpms aren't. directories change (e.g. %_*dir), deps change etc.

You're missing the point.  If a package is only updated e.g. once a
year, and that one update is only for e.g. glibc ABI changes -- guess
what, ABI in a release (Zod, Moonshine, etc) isn't changing so there's
no need to rebuild that.  Just bump in rawhide and rebuild there.
disttag doesn't gain you anything here in the branches.