use disttag ".1" for devel to avoid confusion

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 10:37:27 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 06:29:33 Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:45:41 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > The %dist tags assure a steady upgrade path on packages' EVRs between
> > distros.
>
> That's a myth. Only R not EVR.
>
> Unless it's a full online dist-upgrade, EVR path breaks easily.

Indeed.  "proper upgrade path" can only really be achieved in the first week
of a new release.  After that updates to the older release will go beyond the
versions in the new release iso set anyway.  Until such time as we are able
to enable doing Anaconda upgrades with the updates repo enabled this will
continue to be the situation.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora