Disttags are nice, save the disttags

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:12:39 UTC 2007

On 05/06/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> > Building twice in a row doesn't get things right either.
>
> Why not? Care to detail this?

Well, I can think of one case where building twice does do the trick,
but it requires a changing of the BuildRequires between building.

The example is emacs-bbdb and emacs-vm. Both packages require the
elisp source of the other package (emacs-bbdb-el and emacs-vm-el) to
be in the buildroot if you want bbdb functionality in vm. So the way
to achieve that is:

a) build emacs-vm without BuildRequires: emacs-bbdb-el
b) build emacs-bbdb with BuildRequires: emacs-vm-el
c) rebuild emacs-vm with BuildRequires: emacs-bbdb-el added.

[Yes, I realize this is ugly]

Scripting quirky stuff like that I can see would be hard. What's
really needed is some sort of optional BuildRequires directive in RPM,
that afaik doesn't yet exist.

J.