koji: not building against koji-built packages? bug or user issue?

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 15:23:30 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> Just self updating the buildroot seems like a bad
> idea to me and some of my colleagues who have been doing RHL/RHEL stuff for
> far longer than I have.  Ideally we'd have a way to chainbuild things
> together in such a way that it doesn't poison the rest of the buildroots for
> that tag, basically making them available for your build and your build
> alone.  I honestly don't know what kind of work it would take to get this
> though.

Agreed we shouldn't auto update the buildroot.

Crazy thought:

Lazy chain.  I personally am one of the people that needs to do multiple
builds at a time with the Firefox set of updates.  I do not like the
idea of being forced to specify all the builds at one time, one bit.
There are many cases where I wait to see the results of a build before
pushing another build because it might alter what goes into that build.
  The ability to do make build ADD_TO_BR=firefox-x.y-z or similar as
something I need to add to dependent packages is much more appealing
than having to specify everything at once.