Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 5 18:56:16 UTC 2007

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> If someone installs the RC version and they just want to get to the
>> Final version when it's released, they do nothing except 'yum update'
>> when the final version is released.
>
> On a related note, I was running rawhide between test2 and F7 final. But
> yum didn't pick up any change to the fedora-release package, which left
> me picking up the first round of fc8 rebuilds after the dam broke,
> because I was still being pointed at the development repos.  I spent a
> few hours on different machines downloading the F7 final packages that
> had been updated and manually rolling them back with "rpm -U
> --oldpackage".  Ugh.

This is precisely what I wanted to avoid. Simply pushing out a updated
fedora-release to the development tree which will point users to the
general release repository before the next version updates are pushed
out would avoid this problem. This time a number of people have been
caught up by the devel - F8 changes.

Rahul