Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 5 23:56:45 UTC 2007

Josh Boyer wrote:

> How would pushing that out have helped?
>
> You need to manually enable the development repos.  Pushing an updated
> fedora-release for F7 would have marked fedora-development.repo
> as .rpmnew but that wouldn't be picked up by yum.

Couldn't the package be change to disable the development repo?  I think
  that's what would be useful in this particular instance. Other
possibilities though possibly not as effective include adding a
different package that turns off devel repository or adding a yum
distribution upgrade command that increments that does this job.

Rahul