Broken libcurl.so.3 dependency

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 07:41:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 02:25 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> I maintain a package that links to libcurl, openvrml-player. A recent
> curl update changed the library version from libcurl.so.3 to
> libcurl.so.4. yum installed this update (on Fedora 7) without squawking.

curl-7.16.1 and newer which bumps soname to libcurl.so.4 has been around
for a while (since Jan 29 2007) and all of the packages, I was aware of,
dependent on libcurl.so.3 were rebuilt prior to F7 release. I haven't
released any curl update to F7 yet.

> Either I've done something wrong in the spec file for openvrml, or...
> something worse. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I don't know how openvrml is dependent on libcurl, but just rebuild
should help here as the API hasn't been changed much by the upstream.
(only some obsolete and compatibility symbols removed)

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>