Broken libcurl.so.3 dependency

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jun 6 08:48:03 UTC 2007

Le Mer 6 juin 2007 10:32, Braden McDaniel a écrit :

> The point was, Why is my system in this state?

IIRC Anaconda has code to ignore third-party packages/dependencies it
does not know of during  system updates (system update is priorised
over rpm db consistency). I wonder if the single-CD spins we've been
doing for Fedora 7 do not make anaconda consider anything not in the
spin a third-party package.

That's why you should be real careful to never push updates in past
releases which are not already in fedora-devel/next release update
queue (checking upgrade paths and dependencies), especially around
release time. That way even if anaconda messes-up next yum run will
fix stuff.

Also there's been a string of reports pointing to brokeness in yum
dependency checking recently.

--
Nicolas Mailhot