Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 6 16:41:19 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2007 12:16:06 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> It's not about *me*. It is about other testers. You should atleast
>> consider what I am proposing if you want more testers.
>
> I am considering better ways to handle the handoff.  I'm not considering
> allowing fedora-release to stomp on locally configured repo files.

Note that we aren't talking about custom repositories or anything like
that. User switches on fedora-devel repo and runs yum update. Just
before a new release a new fedora-release gets pushed that turns off the
devel repo and points to the stable branch.

The rule about not changing user configuration is all about preventing
surprises to end users. I would argue that not doing what I just
described is much more surprising to many testers.

Rahul