RFC: fedora-devel-announce

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed Jun 6 21:05:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 21:53 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 02:12:05PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 14:02 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> > > Request for Comments before we do this.
> > >
> > > Purpose
> > > =======
> > > This list is intended to be an INFREQUENTLY used announce-only list.
> > > Whenever there is something important that developers should know about,
> > > those subscribed to this list should be able to easily follow changes
> > > within the development project.
> > >
> > > Posts are moderated by <multiple people in FESCO>.
> >
> > If we do this, we should kill fedora-maintainers.  Since the above was
> > the original intent of -maintainers and why it was separated off from
> > fedora-devel-list.
>
> My feeling on the development of -devel and -maintainers

That's the whole problem.  Everyone has a different interpretation of
what list is for what and nobody really knows what's "right" because to
some degree everyone's definition makes sense.  "Enforcement" of list
use is complicated for that same reason.

Sorry Axel.  That isn't a specific attack at you.  Just using your words
to highlight the general problem.  Please don't take offense.

/me goes off into mailing list hell again

josh