RFC: fedora-devel-announce

David Anderson fedora-packaging at dw-perspective.org.uk
Wed Jun 6 21:12:32 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 06 Jun 2007, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> > fedora-maintainers: packaging, repo management, release process
> >               related topics, contributor issues etc.
>
> Except this is what the noise is.  I'm guessing not too many people
> want to hear about proposals to change packaging guidelines, or
> release processes.  They just want to package stuff up and will abide
> by whatever guidelines those who care about it decide on.  They don't
> want to be involved with the actual process.  Announce the change
> when it's ready, but don't discuss the proposal here.  That's what
> people seem to be wanting AFAICT.

Spot on for me. I am interested in Fedora, but my motivation for
packaging is just to get those packages into Fedora, not to affect the
long-term direction of the distro: I don't have time for that.

I did send my introduction to the list; twice, through different ISPs.
Neither seems to have got through, so I appear rather rude! I tried!

David

--
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23