Fedora 7 Update Informatin for general users

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 6 22:04:23 UTC 2007

On 6/6/07, Luke Macken <lmacken at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 11:28:00PM -0700, Thomas Chung wrote:
> >  First all, thank you for Fedora Update System.
> >  It's wonderful to see that we finally have something we always wanted.
> >
> >  While looking at the list of Stable Updates for Fedora 7[1], it gives
> >  me an idea that this could replace our static Fedora Security
> >  Advisories and Package Updates  for Fedora 7[1] on our project wiki.
> >
> >  What do you think? Could we open this system up so any general users
> >  can see this information anonymously without logging-in with Fedora
> >  Account System?
>
> I think this is a great idea.  I opened a new ticket[0] to try and get
> this done fairly soon.  I'm in the process of revamping bodhi's database
> schema a little bit, so after that I'll work on getting RSS feeds[1]
> working and throw up a public site.
>
> >  Perhaps, we could create a new page specifically for anonymous users
> >  without comments field?
>
> We could, although getting comments from the average user regarding test
> updates may be useful, or even provide a simple form that allows people to
> easily file bugs against that component.
>
> luke
>
> [0]: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi/ticket/43
> [1]: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi/ticket/12

Thank you Luke!
Please note this supposed to be replacement for current FSA/F7 wiki
page[1] which we report via FWN every week. So, we don't really need
updates-testing with comments.
We just need updates-stable without comments. Preferably one long page
with read-only access for anonymous users.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FSA/F7

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung