RFC: fedora-devel-announce

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 11:27:32 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 23:35:23 Warren Togami wrote:
> I believe we should treat fedora-devel-announce as a useful but OPTIONAL
> resource.  If others don't wish to subscribe then nothing is lost,
> because they might be the ones following the discussion lists.
>
> Let us optimize and improve the discussion mediums as a separate matter.

Optional in the way that you can subscribe if you want to if you're already a
maintainer right?  New maintainers will still get autosubscribed, and mails
from it will still go to one of fedora-devel-list or fedora-maintainers?

The real value to me in this proposal is that I can post announcements to a
singular address and capture all relevant folks.  If the discussion afterward
doesn't, well that's just too bad, and I don't really care _where_ it
happens, so long as it happens on only one list, not cross-post of doom like
we sometimes have.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora