general mailing list reorganization? (was Re: RFC: fedora-devel-announce)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jun 7 16:42:43 UTC 2007

On 07.06.2007 15:30, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 06.06.2007 23:01, Brian Pepple wrote:
>>> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 15:04 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> [...]
>>> I've added it to the schedule.
>> Killing fedora-maintainers is part of the plan for the mailing list
>> reorganization the Board put on my plate months ago. The hardware for
>> that was promised for mid April. :-( Mike, any update when something
>> really happens?
> No hardware was actually promised for this particular project

Sorry, I thought is was.

> and its
> still a very low priority to the infrastructure team (AFAIK).

I asked for the Board's opinion on fedora-advisory-board ; maybe the
board can make it a higher priority *if* we want it to be one.

>   We have
> a current working solution in place right now for this.

You mean the mailman that runs this list? Or for a
lists.fedoraproject.org? I'm fine with doing the reorganization on this
server, but back months ago a lot of people wanted a dedicated server.

>  We did get the
> new netapp setup but we are still waiting on a new disktray for it.
> Also when you're talking about the plan, can you send me a link to it?

The proposal from the last discussion can be found at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThorstenLeemhuis/MailingListReorganization
-- *warning*, wasn't touched much in the past months and likely needs
some adjustments, so don't look at it to close ;-)

> [...]

Cu
thl