"people wanted to be independent of red hat" ???

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jun 7 23:20:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:31:34PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 07.06.2007 21:13, Axel Thimm wrote:

> >> 1. -- people wanted to get a subdomain with a "list" prefix
> > Who are these people? Maybe they should speak up if this is such an
> > issue?
>
> They spoke. It's should be in the archives (December or January iirc) of
> fedora-devel somewhere; on fab also.

If these people still exist and really want that to happen they will
reappear, otherwise they probably don't care.

> >> 3. -- people wanted to be independent of red hat
> > So let's cancel Red Hat's sponsoring and find a new role for Max, Mike
> > and all other Fedora dedicated @redhat.com folks. We should also find
> > new sponsoring for Red Hat's donated hardware and bandwidth
> > resources. ;)
> > [...]
>
> It was not my opinion, I just laid down the  opinions that I heard back
> then.

But you're throwing this as an argument to something which looks like
you're backing this up.

> The Boards noticed that the mailing lists could needs some
> adjustments. They asked me to do that and I said "yes".  If you
> don't like that contact the board.

No, by all means, you should carry on the task. It is a tough job to
do a thorough evaluation of topics/target groups and deduce a sane
commendation, but where the going gets tough the tough get going.

> > I think Warren's "let's just create the new needed lists" attitude is
> > far better suited.
>
> But as I said, some people in important positions blocked it back
> then so we never started to use it.

Well, maybe these people are the same that you mentioned in 1. above
and aren't objecting anymore, so nothing stop us anymore.

> But a general "let's just create the new needed lists" attitude just
> leads to chaos.

Fedora is creative chaos, we wouldn't want it otherwise ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net