Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 16:49:19 UTC 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007 12:32:19 Nils Philippsen wrote:
> Only if you'd do a whole createrepo for each package built. Surely it
> must be possible to take the existing repo metadata and just update them
> with that of the newly built package and surely it wouldn't take so much
> time, right?

That would still fill the repodata with older package builds.  We /do/ do just
an update to the repodata.  Some of the pain comes from the hardlinking steps
where the latest build of every package is hardlinked into a directory and
then createrepo is ran over that.  However Jeremy is threatening to create an
API for createrepo so that we in koji can just say "here is a list of paths,
here is some metadata we already know about these packages in these paths,
write out the xml here ->" and significantly speed up the process.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora