gprolog i386,i486,i586,i686 rpms?!?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jun 13 08:50:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:08:20PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > The latest bunch of updates came along with this:
> >
> > # ls updates/gprolog-*
> > updates/gprolog-1.3.0-8.fc7.i386.rpm
> > updates/gprolog-1.3.0-8.fc7.i486.rpm
> > updates/gprolog-1.3.0-8.fc7.i586.rpm
> > Could somebody please explain this?
>
> gprolog.spec includes:
> ExclusiveArch:  %{ix86}
> and koji at one time expanded this to build for *all* of those archs.
> That koji bug has been fixed since.  Too bad the pkg maintainer didn't
> notice before pushing the update.
> (The fix I used in packages of mine that I noticed this was to use
> ExclusiveArch: i386
> instead).

But that breaks when people are building with --target i686
explicitely or implicitely which some downstream may consider (how
many times have there been people asking for rebuilding Fedora on i686
...)

Using ExclusiveArch to control the buildsystem is not correct. I
wonder how glibc does it. Also ExclusiveArch hacks?

Anyway ATM I wouldn't dare suggest a better alternative, let the dust
settle first ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net