gprolog i386,i486,i586,i686 rpms?!?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 13:24:53 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 08:34:32 Axel Thimm wrote:
> I'm not referring to the fixed koji bug, but the ExclusiveArch
> abuse. Semantically wrong field to embed this information, and this
> information doesn't belong into specfiles or rpm headers anyway.
>
> But let's first get settled with the new tools and suggest
> improvements later (not that plague did better in this respect).

Koji doesn't use this anymore.  Koji uses a field in the entry for that
package in the database to list the "extra arches" a package should build
for.  That triggers koji to issue multiple builds of the package when the
request comes in, one for each arch listed.  Using ExclusiveArch was an
attempt at doing away from this manual configuration per package with Extra
arches and rely upon information provided by the spec, but it had undesired
side-effects.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora