Summary of the 2007-06-12 Packaging Committee meeting

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Jun 14 06:55:46 UTC 2007

I must apologize for my terrible lack of punctuality in getting these
minutes out; my time has been occupied by work issues the last couple
of days.  And this is doubly unfortunate, because the OCaml folks have
worked are blocked behind the adoption of their guidelines and I'd
hate to delay that.

Meeting minutes and full logs of the packaging committee meeting which
occurred on 2007-06-12 are online:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes20070612

Executive summary:

No votes last week, so no new guidelines this week.

Issues pending FESCO ratification:

 * Minor corrections to the recommended scriptlets:
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ScriptletSnippetsFixes
    * Accepted (7 - 0)

 * OCaml guidelines:
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/OCaml
    * Accepted (7 - 0)

 * Revisions to the rule on directory ownership:
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/DirectoryOwnershipImprovement
    * Accepted (7 - 0)

 - J<