Merging Core and Extras Bugzilla Products -- owners.list

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 20:30:48 UTC 2007

Hi all,

The Fedora Core and Fedora Extras Bugzilla products will be merged into
a single Fedora product Sometime Very Soon (TM).  When that happens we
will have to merge the ownership details in owners.list as well.

For most packages, this merge will be a rather humdrum announcement that
won't affect you at all.  For a few, the packages that were in Fedora
Core for some releases and Fedora Extras for some others, the ownership
details of the packages will be merged.

For instance, these entries for ccid:
  Fedora Core|ccid|Generic USB CCID smart card reader driver|
rrelyea at redhat.com|extras-qa at fedoraproject.org|
  Fedora Extras|ccid|Generic USB CCID smart card reader driver|
ville.skytta at iki.fi|extras-qa at fedoraproject.org|
ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com

Will be merged into this:
  Fedora|ccid|Generic USB CCID smart card reader driver|
rrelyea at redhat.com,ville.skytta at iki.fi|extras-qa at fedoraproject.org|
ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com

If you were happy to give up your duties as a maintainer of one of these
packages when it shifted repositories before you'll want to take a look
at the owners.list file after we announce the Bugzilla Merge has taken
place and request cleanups be made where appropriate.

Once again, this is just a heads up.  We'll be sure to announce the
bugzilla and owners.list merge when it actually takes place.

Thanks,
-Toshio