devel builds and desktop-file-utils check

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sun Jun 17 15:06:07 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 17:07 +0200, Andreas Bierfert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a couple of hours ago I tried to build a new wine release on devel. It failed
> because of a valid error in a desktop file s/True/true/ and it was fine. I
> kicked a rebuild to see that it fails again (only on devel though) with this
> message:
>
> desktop-file-install --vendor=fedora
> --dir=/var/tmp/wine-0.9.39-1.fc8-root-kojibuilder/usr/share/applications /builddir/build/SOURCES/wine-notepad.desktop /var/tmp/wine-0.9.39-1.fc8-root-kojibuilder/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-notepad.desktop:
> error: value "Application;Wine;" for key "Categories" in group "Desktop Entry"
> contains an unregistered value "Wine" desktop-file-install created an invalid
> desktop file!
>
> I guess from the standpoint of the script it is right to complain about this
> but putting all wine related programs into a wine folder has been talked about
> a while back and agreed to be ok. Especially as wine also created per user wine
> dirs which now after a small bugfix in .38-1 get merged with the system menu.
>
> Could somebody enlighten me how I can force desktop-file-utils to install this
> file without killing the build?

You cannot force desktop-file-install to install an invalid desktop
file.

This was always the case, and recently desktop-file-install has become
much better at detecting violations of the desktop entry spec.

We have intentionally pushed this new version of desktop-file-utils into
rawhide early, so that people have plenty of time to fix up their
desktop files.

Wrt to your desktop file, remove "Application" and change "Wine" to
"X-Wine", and it should be ok.