Script to determinate packages wich need comaintainership

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:34:37 UTC 2007

On 6/17/07, Andreas Bierfert <andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de> wrote:
> Just a question: How is it suppose to know if a package needs comaintainership?
> I guess it is telling which packages do not have comaintainers but my
> impression is that it is up to a maintainer to decide of he/she wants/needs
> comaintainers.

Now that we are post F7, I'd like to see a second round of discussion
concerning the strawman proposal (i believe warren proposed) on how to
get limited cvs access to upstream developers so I can pull upstream
people in as co-maintainers on the packages for software they
themselves develop, while I act as the responsible and trusted fedora
contributor to push updates. I don't necessarily need other
established fedora package monkeys to help me co-maintain. What I need
is to find a way to get new people, specifically upstream developers
enough cvs and build system access to help me deal with codebase
issues instead of shallow fedora packaging adminstrata .

The current sponsorship path is fine to evaluate people who will be
acting as primary maintainers . But what I need is a way to bring
upstream developers partway into the process to act as comaintainers
on specific packages so that I can mentor them towards a fully
sponsored contributor status if that is a direction they want to go.

-jef