Script to determinate packages wich need comaintainership

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Mon Jun 18 16:43:43 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta schrieb:
> The current sponsorship path is fine to evaluate people who will be
> acting as primary maintainers . But what I need is a way to bring
> upstream developers partway into the process to act as comaintainers
> on specific packages so that I can mentor them towards a fully
> sponsored contributor status if that is a direction they want to go.
I'm not sure, that upstream authors are willing to handle with distribution
specific standards and issues.

Of course it should be possible to invite a upstream author which is not
a fedora contributor to be a comaintainer for a specific packages, but I
think this is not the common situation.

A comaintainter should ensure, that someone is available, if a fix on a
package is necessary, which doesn't allow a delay, because the maintainer
is in vacation and so on.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt