Topics for this week's Release Engineering meeting?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 18 17:09:55 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2007 12:54:23 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> It might be good to discuss how the team is going to deal with file
>> conflicts between packages in the repository. Block them at the level of
>> Koji?
>
> That really only hurts the user and doesn't fix the problem.  In reality bugs
> should be filed and fixed, using ever increasing bat sizes to get the point
> across.

I am not sure how it would hurt the user if we enforce good practices
using tools as opposed to retroactively fixing it after the users get
hit by the problems.  Can you explain?  Can bug reports be automated for
existing packages? Can a RFE be filed against the build system to
prevent new packages from being introduced into the repository with such
issues?

Rahul