ACL removal day?!

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Jun 19 15:58:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 05:49:57PM +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:31:28 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Suggestion for FESCO: new packages must explicitly request an ACL.
>
> I'm all for it, but I was lead to believe that putting ACLs *by default*
> was a "sine qua non" of the Core + Extras merge...

Maybe now that the core packages are merged with ACLs, the default could
be set to what is  most used for new packages which are, in general more
like former extras packages and put by people with former extras
'ideology'. People can still add them afterwards.

Couldn't it be discussed by FESCO? Or I recall vaguely that it already
had been.

--
Pat