ACL removal day?!

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 20 02:15:31 UTC 2007

> Nobody is suggesting that packages be opened up to the entire world.

Indeed. Only to those people who have agreed to the CLA and been
sponsored as Fedora packagers.

> The current discussion is about whether only the package maintainers
> should get access by default with ACL's blocking everybody else out or
> whether every maintainer should get access to a common package pool by
> default with exceptions as explicitly requested by package maintainers.

I see no reason why we shouldn't allow any sponsored packager to commit
and build packages.

It may make sense to say that only the package owner(s) can push updates
to the public, but just committing and building should be unrestricted.

--
dwmw2