ACL removal day?!

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 15:36:00 UTC 2007

David Woodhouse wrote:
> It may make sense to say that only the package owner(s) can push updates
> to the public, but just committing and building should be unrestricted.

I think this is another case where too much regulation hurts us.  The
policy shouldn't be "other people can't do it".  It should be "act
responsibly."  Every once in a while, some package maintainer might have
good cause to modify somebody else's package and push it.  Usually, it
won't be the case.  If there's a good reason.

I also think your (later) comment on irc was more correct than your
comment here -- if you're not the maintainer, you should be able to
change things and even build.  But you shouldn't be able to push to
repos.  The maintainer (or rel-eng) need to do that part.

--
   Peter