Handling of unversioned upstream sources

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jun 22 11:33:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 10:52:04PM +0200, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> unfortunately, I have found some review request, where the upstream only
> offers
> unversion sources.
>
> The issue of this sources is, that you will not be able to access to the
> upstream code in the
> future, if the upstream has changed the content of this unversioned.
>
> So I want to ask, if there any guidelines about this topic?

It is a soft topic, but if you do rename the sources, please try to
keep the proper timestamps, and don't repackage a tarball, e.g. if you
rename foo.tar.gz to foo-1.2.3.tar.gz and ar tempted to fix the
directories inside as well, please don't. :)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net