Update policy in F7 (Was: Re: Package EVR problems in Fedora 2007-06-22)

Marcin Zajączkowski mszpak at wp.pl
Sun Jun 24 11:46:49 UTC 2007

On 2007-06-24 12:24:14 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 22 June 2007, Marcin Zajączkowski wrote:
>
>> So, I have a few questions.
>> 1. Is there some wiki page with update policy in F7 (especially for
>> those former FE)?
>> 2. Who decides which packages will be pushed to "tests stage"?
>> 3. Should a packager suggest (somehow) if (s)he thinks that specified
>> package version should be worth pushing to the end user?
>
> There's at least
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JeremyKatz/DraftHowToUpdateYourFedoraPackage

Thanks. I didn't see any link to that page in PackageMaintainers section
[1]. I think it should be added (despite of it is a draft).

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers

Are there any suggestions how should "notes section" look like? Points,
full sentences? In available updates I saw different conventions.
There could be info what were fixed bugs (from bugzilla) all about, but
what if it's an update to the next version (with bug fixes, improvements
and e.g. new translations). Should I copy a changelog provided by an
author or only select a few key issues?

Regards
Marcin