Plan for Today's (20070625) Release Engineering meeting

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Mon Jun 25 17:01:59 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> Right now just the idea is approved.  Along with that idea would come
> reasonable mechanics to make it work, such as any user being able to block
> autopromotion if they find a problem with the package.  It's up to releng and
> QA to come up with reasonable mechanics and boundaries to autopromotion.

If you implement any mechanism to block an update, that is ok from my
side. but I think
is not good, if an update will promote to a higher stage without the
explicit permission
of the maintainer which is responsible for it.
> We've already discussed this.  We want buildroots to autoupdate in principle,
> however we require some sanity checking in bodhi to not allow updates to go
> out that were built with packages that aren't tagged to go out or out
> already.

I will agree with you, if package A will depends on B, A can be only on
a stage lower
or equal then package b. If you break this rule the user will running
into the broken
dependencies issue that is very annoying for users.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt